Thursday 16 April 2015

Main bedroom - Using Annie Sloan Chalk paints on my wall lights.

So why did I decide to use chalk paint on my projects?

Well after reading up about the chalk paint I was firstly very curious, does it really work and can you apply it on just about anything?  Follow my blog to see the outcome of all the different chalk paints that I will be using.

First I decided that we wanted some lantern wall lights for the Main bedroom. Something shabby but chic and I did not want to pay a fortune for it. So we went of shopping and found the perfect lights at Mica Solomons in Bethlehem but not so perfect after all. They where plain and white and kinda boring!!! I paid only R 169.00 per light.



I had a picture in my head and starting playing with my idea. 

First I took cheap lace that I found in my cupboard and cutting it to size with just a little over lapping on each side.

Then I used a craft glue to stick it down.

Like you will notice some of the lace was different colors which did not really matter as I was still going to paint it.

I used the same lace on the back piece that was going to be attached to the wall socket.

After the lace was dried I painted it with Annie Sloan Old white. I painted it 2 coats as I wanted the paint to get right into the lace. Then I left it over night to dry and the next day I used Annie Sloan clear wax and dark wax on it. 

And then I added a couple of bling blings for a little bit of sparkle.
I am over the moon with the results and cannot wait for the light to be installed.

My opinion about the Annie Sloan paint I used:

LOVED it! Worked so easy and the fact that you can thin the paint down and mix it with other colors really works for me.








No comments:

Post a Comment