Thursday 16 April 2015

Main bedroom - Bedside cupboards painted with Annie Sloan chalk paint and transfers used from Walibri Art Glass.

These 2 old cupboards has been in Moms house forever and I really love the look of them but felt they are in need of a make over to suit the main bedroom style. The colors of  Annie Sloan chalk paint that I have decided to use in the main bedroom is: Old white, French Linen and Henrietta ( I love pink) but I don't want a lot of the color in the room as I think my hubby would not be so pleased with me.

 The side tables are made from just some sort of ply wood, nothing great but I knew I could turn it into something awesome!

So I grab my paint brush and started painting - First I did the French Linen on all the side borders of the cupboard and while I was waiting for it to dry I let my imagination run....... I did not want it JUST painted, I wanted it to make a statement.

 I found these polymer rose I bought some time ago and painted them with the Henrietta and waxed them...... and then I knew exactly what these cupboards should look like.

At my business (Walibri Art Glass) we do a range of image transfers and I once got this image from the Graphics Fairy that looks like an old french letter. So I printed the image on out transfer papers and let it dry as for now the paint was dry on the cupboard and I could continue to paint the Old white on the front of the door, sides of the cupboard and decided to also paint a block in the middle on the top.
 Once all the paint was dry I then waxed it with Annie Sloan clear and dark wax first before I applied the transfer. Why? Well the transfer is see through and I wanted the vintage look that the wax gave me to shine through it. How do you apply the transfer? Easy very easy!!! Our transfers you cut out, let it lie in luke warm water for a while en then it just slide of the backing paper. You can apply it to any smooth surface. Once the transfer was applied on the front of the door and all the bubbles gently wiped out underneath it I then sealed it with some Modge Podge. It still looked kinda bland so I did another transfer with roses on....... problem ..... the roses was orange!! I grabbed the Henrietta and painted the roses pink!!! I then stuck the polymere roses on top and added the hardware.


What can I say.......... I totally LOVE the bedside cupboards!!!
Thanks to Annie Sloan paint and Walibri's transfers the bed side cupboards have now got a new life.

Drop me a mail if you would like to get your hands on some of these transfers. 

Next I will be doing a blog on those nasty brown build in cupboards in the main bedroom. Till then keep smiling and keep those paint brushes moving!!!

Thanks to Annie Sloan up cycling a piece of furniture has never been easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment